[oi-dev] HEADS UP: HTTPS available on pkg.openindiana.org

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 18:47:04 UTC 2016

Hi Nikola,

Aren’t you talking about pkg.openindiana.org <http://pkg.openindiana.org/>? There never was HTTPS available on wordpress before.

> Just to mention,
> there is currently no solution for a problem that https is now forced and redirected
> with no http access anymore to openindiana.org web site and openindiana.org redirects to www.openindiana.org <http://www.openindiana.org/>.

The wordpress site name is www.openindiana.org <http://www.openindiana.org/>, so openindiana.org <http://openindiana.org/> redirect to www.openindiana.org <http://www.openindiana.org/> is a correct thing here. HTTP to HTTPS redirect exist to ensure that people always land on HTTPS variant and there is nothing wrong about it.
HTTPS access also gives us a better ranking on search engines.

Only thing, that has no HTTP variant is dlc.openindiana.org <http://dlc.openindiana.org/>, but that one doesn’t need HTTPS as media signing is coming with the next version.

Cheers,
Adam