[oi-dev] Mate is here (as well as new test ISOs)

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 17:18:34 UTC 2016

Alex,
I'm using the latest MATE Live-DVD ISO.
Not having as many problems 'yet' - but the key things from my point are:
1. Murrine GTK+ Cairo Engine is missing. Certain appearance themes don't look correctly without it (i.e. almost any theme thumbnail with the MATE symbol on it).Ref: https://download.gnome.org/sources/murrine/0.98/
2. Support for NTFS/exFAT-formatted storage USB devices. We can do this by including the Tuxera NTFS/exFAT and/or FOSS fuse support.

3. Boot menu still reads '2016.04'
Then, focus on VMware/Virtualbox support issues.
Thanks,Ken

    On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 9:21 AM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

 On 08/16/16 07:07 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 16/08/2016 17:32, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

>>> Good work ! But under qemu-kvm, the MATE iso fails by starting Caja
>>> in an endless loop (visible in the lower panel), so the desktop remains
>>> mostly black, and Mate does not stop starting...
>>
>> Can you start with ssh enabled, login as jack remotely and see if
>> there are any
>> messages in ~/.xsession-errors?
>
> ssh connection refused (sshd is running) - either misconfigured or not
> starting
> correctly; if jack has an empty password

It's jack/jack

These two lines are bad...

> Connection failure: Connection refused

> The program caja received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib
> lenght error (Details: serial 262 error_code 16 request_code 72
> minor_code 0)

If I new what connection is refused...  The closest thing I find is
https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=55441 , but this looks strange.
Will look if we can reproduce this locally.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,