[oi-dev] Sun SSH has gone

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:11:56 UTC 2016

On 08/23/16 03:29 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> This affects all OI Hipster users.
> Sun SSH was removed from OI.
> On update you should transparently receive openssh, even if you still
> managed to use Sun SSH.
> OpenSSH package was renamed to network/ssh (client) and
> service/network/ssh (server).
> After update ssh mediator should be removed automatically. If it
> doesn't happen, you could have to "pkg unset-mediator ssh" manually.

Just as a reminder, Sun Ssh is recently removed from upstream
illumos-gate, so this is what moved the change.

Openssh is available on hipster for some time already and I recently
(month ago or something)
installed openssh instead, anyway, to be able to ssh to Linux remote
machines without messages
and felt everything is fine for now.

Only problem I have seen very recently (under a month) is that it takes
quite some time to log into other OI machine from laptop, after I
started using that machine again as a router for wireless connection.
For some reason, i get ssh prompt faster, if I firstly log into the
console, but that could be for a number a reasons.