[oi-dev] libfuse update

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 26 06:52:37 UTC 2016

Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi.
> Has someone looked at libfuse update? Even our ancient gvfs requires at
> least 2.8...

Version 2.8 added ioctl() and poll(), both require
significant updates to the fuse kernel module.

IMHO ioctl() can be added with reasonable effort, it
is available in the fuse-lite library shipped with
ntfs-3g, but the kernel module part has to be created
from scratch.

poll() is more complex, I would not try unless there
is a demand from someone who is blocked and has a real
situation for testing.

What is the need ? AKAIK gvfs is related to Gnome and
is not supported on Linux any more.

Jean-Pierre