[oi-dev] libfuse update

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 26 08:20:50 UTC 2016

Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 08/26/16 09:52 AM, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
>
>> What is the need ? AKAIK gvfs is related to Gnome and
>> is not supported on Linux any more.
>
> I see the following fuse-related errors, trying to compile gvfs with
> fuse support
>

> error: 'struct fuse_conn_info' has no member named 'want'

This field exists in fuse 2.7, it is declared in the fuse-lite
library used by ntfs-3g.

> error: 'FUSE_CAP_ATOMIC_O_TRUNC' undeclared

This is one of the bits going into the field "want". Is is
about the file system telling it supports the O_TRUNC as an
argument of open()... which current fuse expects anyway.

Both can be easily added to fuse_common.h, but this will
not make libfuse to 2.8.

Patch proposal attached.

By the way, I sent several patches to libfuse to Adam
last may. Did you take them into account ?

Jean-Pierre