[oi-dev] libfuse update

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 26 10:18:57 UTC 2016

Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 08/26/16 12:27 PM, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
>> Adam Števko wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Patches have been delivered since May:
>>> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/library/libfuse/patches
>>>

>>> Though, I have to go through our communication and check if that’s
>>> all. I recall I haven’t applied everything.
>>>

>> I do not see the one I sent you on May 5th about permissions
>> to set timestamps on files, and I do not remember anybody
>> having objections about it (this has been in fuse-lite and
>> used by ntfs-3g for years).
>>
>> I attach it again, just in case.
>>

> BTW, when I run just-compiled /usr/lib/gvfs-fuse-daemon, I receive
> /dev/fuse: Permission denied.
>
> No surprise, as it's 755. On Linux I see 666. What is correct approach
> here? Should we somehow honor console user?

/dev/fuse is the interface with the kernel module, created
when the module is installed. I have always seen it with
permissions 0666 to owner root:sys

add_drv -m 'fuse 0666 root sys' fuse
ln -s /devices/pseudo/fuse at 0:fuse /dev/fuse

(See http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html)

Jean-Pierre