[oi-dev] X packages to deprecate

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 01:57:36 UTC 2016

[big snip]

Thank you Alan.  As always, it is well worth reading when you write.  That was an excellent summary.

Based on Alan's descriptions, I don't see anything I care about, and I certainly qualify as a dinosaur.

BTW I also use tcsh though I've not symlinked /bin/csh to it.   For root I keep the  default as /bin/sh, but as soon as I su to root I start tcsh.  It's a personal system in a secure location.  I keep a root window active so I can easily mount and unmount devices. Vold is the spawn of the devil.  It might be better now, but it caused me so many headaches I now disable it as soon as I configure a new system.  I also make a point of keeping the root window iconified when not in use and the PATH is so restricted that almost anything other than admin work is not possible.  I've got other windows for those tasks.

Reg