[oi-dev] DIFF adding to MATE Compiz Special Effects to "Appearance Preferences > Visual Effects" tab used in the old Gnome2

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Aug 29 19:56:48 UTC 2016

29 августа 2016 г. 21:15:47 CEST, "Мартин Бохниг via oi-dev" <oi-dev at openindiana.org> пишет:

>Ken,
>
>sure, I'm glad to do that. But my build machine is too outdated.
>I perhaps should upgrade the entire host to Hipster's latest MATE iso
>level (or I do that on the old laptop for now).
>And yes, thankfully there is already one where Alexander has included
>my DRM/KMS Sol12 backport diffs from July on August 20th (not the
>original iso/usb that were publicly announced 4 days earlier).
>I fyi had requested the OpenSXCE community to test the Hipster iso (and
>also tested it myself on Ivy and reported to Hipster-core via OFFlist
>emails, as you know) :
>
>https://twitter.com/OpenSXCE/status/768684093584379904
>
>http://pastebin.com/raw/MYba5A9q
>
>As for xhci: Do you really think my instructions or now cancelled src
>port beginnings are still wanted or needed, now after RM published his
>webrev yesterday?
>
>If you think yes, then I'm glad to publish the instructions how to make
>the Sol11 bins work on OpenSolaris (while at the same time making the
>entire installation fall under Oracle's Solaris 11 license terms) ?
>As for my xhci src port: RM is much further with that, as I outlined
>earlier I started working on this only after I finished the Grub2
>UEFI32 Atom Tablet port.
>But the steps how to get Sol11's xhci and usb stack working if the user
>is  willing and ready to turn his installation fully under Oracle's
>licensing, then no problem, glad to describe this if anybody wants.
>This probably only applies to private non-commercial users, who are
>free to use Oracle Solaris 11 for testing for a while.
>Businesses can only legally do this if they already have a valid
>commercial Oracle license. But those that do would probably not run
>OpenSolaris, but Solaris 11.x in the first place.
>
>So just advise what the community wants (or perhaps the community
>itself should tell me).
>

>--
>best regards
>%martin bochnig
>

>>Понедельник, 29 августа 2016, 17:50 UTC от ken mays
><maybird1776 at yahoo.com>:
>>
>>Martin,
>>
>>Feel free to implement the full patch. I tested the ccsm and other
>methods but didn't like the 'user (non-GUI)' feel of it.
>>I agree on the previous visual effects GUI model you mentioned..
>>
>>We also have a recent GNOME ISO/USB build, but it may not have the DRM
>update. Check with Alp on that.
>>I'd like to see us add the XHCI update as well so we can test all of
>this at current state...
>>
>>~ Ken

I, for one, would be interested to be "in the know" regarding xhci, especially if it is legal :-)

BTW, the old DRM radeon driver which was dropped - is it the 'radeon' that was loaded by X.org - where this spring for the first time i had a non-plainold-vesa support for my APU (CPU+GPU chip)? Or is it another stack of bits that call themselves drivers? ;)

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android