[oi-dev] Updated OpenIndiana FAQ

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:17:14 UTC 2016

On 01/31/2016 01:26 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Again I don't like "Linux in contrast, was created from scratch to
> provide an open source alternative to proprietary Minix". This sounds
> strange now, when Minix is open sourced. Perhaps, change it to something
> like "to Minix, which license limited it to educational use only".

Hi Alexander,

How does this sound?

Both OpenIndiana and BSD are true unix operating systems, whose roots
trace back to the original AT&T Unix. Linux in contrast, was created
from scratch to provide a free and open source alternative to Minix,
which at the time, was licensed for educational uses only.

Michael