[oi-dev] Switch to python 2.7

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Jul 7 15:43:15 UTC 2016

Hello.

I'm going to merge https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2222
soon.

Efficiently it's:
1) switching all oi-userland python consumers to use python 2.7
2) deliver python 2.7 versions for all python modules which we deliver
3) dropping of several python 2.6 python modules, which are unlikely to
be used by something besides GUI (and it's switched to 2.7)
4) making python 2.7 default python version on user systems and in
oi-userland.

One thing which is missing is modifying server_install and gui-install
meta-packages to deliver python 2.7 versions of software on install
media. This thing is much easier to test when this change is landed.

Another thing to note: we still need python 2.6 for illumos-gate scripts
and tools, and this sucks...

Reviews and opinions are welcome.
--
Best regards,