[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 13:51:36 UTC 2016

On 07/24/16 02:00 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 07/23/16 01:11 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> A page should not be modified without discussing with its authors
>>> first and asking for review when applicable.
>> Page should not be pushed on site, before discussing and making it
>> better in the first place, before it ended up on Site.
> That's a good point but the discussion could have taken place without
> all the drama,

Drama is created when it is posted on site without any previous
discussion, like mandating it.

Since it is posted by one guy and the other guy requested to be on site,
it is only natural to be able to change it then,
instead that would be mandating and forcing it as it is now, forced to
be on site unchanged.

> In any case it does not justify hijacking and modifying the page on the website.

I hujacked nothing, I have a rights on site to change pages, and I used
that right to do a good thing and show that it is not dictatorship and
that we have right to change it and have a right to not accept dictatorship.

> Since you create a work space on the Wiki I leave to Adam and Michael
> to decide what they want to do with the website page.

They are not by any mean pointed by noone to mandate things in Openindiana.

And especially make such obviously anti community documents.

> In any case, reverting the page without notice should not have happened again.

And you just did revert it , twice...

> As you do not seem to agree, you will have to go through moderation on
> the website until we sort out the Code of Conduct discussions

I have put my head on the plate to make Openindiana better  and since
you reverted it back , twice, i have no intentions fo doing it anymore.
It is enough for me that I protested by putting changed document for
everyone to see and if you insist that it remains unchanged for no
apparent reason, I can't change it forever.

People watching page can think that is OI document and surely OI is not
fascist dictatorship supported by trolls, like presented in that document.

It is important to stress and be remembered that I did everything in my
abilities to turn attention to such bad practice, bad behavior of trying
to mandate community documents with fascist utopia,
and put site contents with such an important document online, without
community approval and prior dissicussion , and that is what Adam
(Xenol) did.

So violation is on xenol side and if anyone hijacked site it is xenol.

Defending non-discussed web site posting by forbidding that it can be
changed for something less fascist is by definition hijacking the site
and disrupting community process and as it is shown, it is not me.