[oi-dev] how to reg wiki.openindiana.org ?

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:28:33 UTC 2016

On 06/08/2016 03:13 AM, Nikola M wrote:

> Can you say few things about yourself as an introduction?
>
> You can start writing on topics you want, send me to my e-mail for
> starters and for quality control.
> Or to the mailing list itself and we'll see if opening Wiki account is
> needed.
>
> If you have some ideas, feel free to share and discuss on mailing list.
> I hope you made your mailing list filters in your mail client
> application, as suggested :)

We're also looking into other (possibly better) ways to present end user
documentation. But at this moment, the Wiki remains the official go to
place to write docs.

For example, I put together this technology demonstration using the
awestruct framework and asciidoctor text markup.

http://makruger.github.io/website/

More recently I teamed up with some *nix enthusiasts from outside the
project and we have started using a different framework (MKDOCS), and a
different markup language (Markdown) but have not yet published the results.

The repository is for our work is here:

https://github.com/makruger/website-2.0

Hoping to have something published for review (and the github repo fully
automated with travis-ci) within the next week. This automation will run
a series of tests (spelling checks, text markup syntax checks, and if
passing, auto-deploy the site to github pages.

We're treating docs just like code.

Michael