[oi-dev] Contributing to the development of OpenIndiana

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 01:06:30 UTC 2016

Hello All,

In the latest iteration of the OpenIndiana FAQ:

https://github.com/makruger/openindiana-docs/blob/master/faq.asciidoc

It became apparent the list of contribution task entry points was a bit
outdated. For example, it mentions the distribution constructor, which
ALP kindly pointed out is no longer used by Hipster.

Upon this discovery I realized this list should be updated.

This post is a solicitation for comments to create a more relevant list.

Here is the actual text from the FAQ:

Here are just some of the many ways you may contribute:

Release engineering - Distribution Constructor

Development

Utilities maintenance - Image Packaging System - pkg[5]

Packaging - oi-userland, 3rd party packaging (SFE, etc.)

Documentation - Handbook, Tutorials, News articles, etc.

OpenIndiana Evangelism - blogging, conferences, etc.

Website Maintenance

Translation

Artwork

For additional details, including links to our github source
repositories, please see:
http://www.openindiana.org/community/getting-involved

Please provide suggestions for how this can be improved.

thanks,

Michael