[oi-dev] glib changes review

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Mar 11 20:15:59 UTC 2016

Here's the new version :
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/compare/Openindiana:oi/hipster...pyhalov:pfexec

What is changed:
- now we use pfexec to run brasero and sound juicer;
- we don't care if user runs with EUID 0, it's his own difficulties;
so far this works with sudo, but fails (for brasero only) with
su/pfexec, when user have Primary Administrator profile (just don't use
Primary Administrator, it's insane));
- we restrict privileges to basic_privs,sys_devices.

What is changed from user perspective:
- brasero/sound juicer will work in default configurations when run from
menu;
- if  you have Primary Administrator profile, brasero will not work when
run from menu.

Needs some more testing (so far didn't try to write CDs, just looked at
ppriv output).
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,