[oi-dev] first steps at compiling libvirt

Denys Rtveliashvili denys at rtveliashvili.name
Sat May 21 16:13:54 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to compile libvirt on OpenIndiana.
There is some good progress here.

However, I found a strange thing which may be Illumos or Solaris  -
specific.
Perhaps someone could comment?

root at zone1:~/libvirt-1.3.4/src# gcc -std=gnu99 -shared  -fPIC -DPIC
-Wl,-z -Wl,text -Wl,-h -Wl,libvirt-qemu.so.0 -o
.libs/libvirt-qemu.so.0.1003.4 .libs/libvirt_qemu_la-libvirt-qemu.o
-R/export/home/rtvd/libvirt-1.3.4/src/.libs -R/usr/local/lib
./.libs/libvirt.so -lthread -lxml2 -lavahi-common -lavahi-client
-ldbus-1 -lgnutls -lssh2 -lcurl -lsocket -lnsl -lintl  -g -O2 -Wl,-M
-Wl,./libvirt_qemu.syms -Wl,-z -Wl,now
*_fini*                               /usr/lib/crti.o  (symbol has no
version assigned)
*_init*                               /usr/lib/crti.o  (symbol has no
version assigned)
*_lib_version*                        /usr/lib/values-Xa.o (symbol has
no version assigned)
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to
.libs/libvirt-qemu.so.0.1003.4

The linking command looks OKish to me. The only thing I managed to find
about _fini and _init is that they are related to initialisation and
shutting down of shared libraries. Also, -nostdlib option seems to "fix"
the problem but I am not sure if it is what really should be done. And I
have never seen this on Linux.

With kind regards,
Denys Rtveliashvili