[oi-dev] X11 components testing

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sun May 22 14:09:15 UTC 2016

Hello,
to ease testing I have updated the X11 branch here:

https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/x11-S12

This branch is about ~ S12_98 changeset and provided xorg-server 1.17.4.

On my machine I haad issues with the intel driver so having other pairs of
eyes on that would be nice.

I added a Makefile in components/x11 to build and install the entire X11:

https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/blob/x11-S12/components/x11/Makefile

You just need to:

cd components/x11
gmake x11

To install the packages at intermediate stages, pkg update is used so you
need to disable temporarily the openindiana.org publisher:

pkg set-publisher --disable openindiana.org

Components which are commented as "TBD" are still missing and waiting to be
picked:

libepoxy
libxkbcommon
libvdpau
accessx
synergy
tigervnc

I prepared a second branch with updates equivalent to S12_100 but that's
for later, let us not be too greedy...
Cheers

Aurelien

--