[oi-dev] demonstration docs website

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon May 2 16:58:22 UTC 2016

On 05/ 2/16 06:29 PM, WebDawg wrote:
> You guys are all so very confusing.  It seems to me someone put
> together an example docs site and everyone keeps talking about how it
> is hosted on github, licensing, and stuff.

Please hit "reply" when posting to the list so your answers stay in-line
on the list and are not top-posted.

> Did I miss something or did the individual that submitted it say it
> has to stay there?
>
> I get the XML thing...it seems like that is one of the big real issues
> that it does not conform to an existing OI standard.

There is no official standard, there are docs in XML and can be renewed.

> I mean, the individual does not have to use your servers to develop
> something...

Sure, but individual wants to decide what is in OI's docs and is not and
that is OI"s issue not only individuals.

And it is argued that it is best for docs renewal and additions to stay
within OI's site so they could be under OI project and that it needs to
follow licensing, contributing agreement etc. and that rewriting it from
the start is painful workaround when there's existing docs.

Also there is a Wiki to write short articles instead of external sites.
(wiki.openindiana.org)

> Does the content suck?  Is it good?  Everyone is now talking about
> changing documentation standards?

You can look for yourself :)
It surely misses all those Opensolaris books listed on
dlc.openindiana.org/docs