[oi-dev] MATE 1.14 Desktop for OpenIndiana

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon May 9 06:49:50 UTC 2016

On 05/ 8/16 11:57 PM, Nikola M wrote:
> On 05/ 8/16 05:35 PM, ken mays via oi-dev wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The MATE 1.14 Desktop Environment is the continuation of GNOME 2. It
>> provides an intuitive and attractive desktop environment using
>> traditional metaphors for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems.
>>
>> MATE 1.14 Desktop Environment
>>
>> http://mate-desktop.org/blog/2016-04-08-mate-1-14-released/
>>
>> About MATE:
>> http://mate-desktop.org/blog/2014-02-07-stefano-presents-mate-at-fosdem/
>>
>> Ref: http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/MATE+1.14+Desktop
>>
>> Contributed OpenIndiana MATE 1.14 Binaries:
>> http://dlc.openindiana.org/mate-desktop/oi-mate-1.14-desktop-kmays_20160505.tar.xz
>>
>> Mainly for testing, production use, and development. Comes with all
>> the bells and whistles...
>
> Hello, Could archive be accompanied with SHA256SUM file or
> filename.sha256sum on dlc ?

  Oh sorry, I see there is
http://dlc.openindiana.org/mate-desktop/oi-mate-1.14-desktop-kmays_20160505.tar.xz.sha256
that I overlooked, and it's
c2a0526655868132ba00a951fee862716565f87290609dd7602ff919373bbe72

> Thank you for providing testing image, before inclusion.
> I congratulates on great achievement for future OI.
>
> I suppose MATE inclusion in OI can be made in parall with existing GNOME?
> (even if excluding one another, that I hope would not be needed)
> So that one wanting to choosing to try MATE can install MATE as
> additional Desktop Environment besides existing GNOME and choose it on
> login.
> What do you think?

This question about having MATE available in parallel with existing
GNOME for at least some time, still stands.
So it can gradually be tried out and selectable in gdm as an desktop
environment on login, so that many things can be checked for some time
period, even after initial test period.