[oi-dev] MATE 1.14 Desktop for OpenIndiana

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu May 12 08:07:15 UTC 2016

On 05/12/16 05:31 AM, bentahyr at chez.com wrote:
> Hi,
>   After unconmpressing the archive from / (so location of binaries are in /usr/local/bin), most of the binaries complains about not having access to libdconf.so.1 which isn't in the archive nor standard repos.
> Calculator works fine, though....

Please all.
Hit reply in your mail client application when sending replies to
mailing lists, so they can be inline with message threads. Thanks a lot.

I was uncompressing MATE into /usr/local as Ken suggested yesterday
(http://echelog.com/logs/browse/oi-dev/1462917600)
and I made symlink  for .desktop so that gdm can recognize it:
pfexec ln -s /usr/local/share/xsessions/mate.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/

I also mostly copied changes from, now /usr/local/etc into /etc
and i added /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/bin in my ~/.profile under PATH

But it didn't make me run MATE desktop on login.
It runs mate-session process but that's it.

While in GNOME, mate-calc opens and seems to work, even if saying:
(mate-calc:7503): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type
'AtkObject'
** (mate-calc:7503): CRITICAL **: atk_object_set_name: assertion
'ATK_IS_OBJECT (accessible)' failed)
but when launced on gnome, caja died:
  ld.so.1: caja: fatal: libdconf.so.1: open failed: No such file or
directory