[oi-dev] USB installation instructions

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 01:27:26 UTC 2016

On 11/14/2016 01:16 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hello,
> the download page points to the following instructions which are outdated:
>
> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Installing+OpenIndiana
>
> Maybe we should have reviewed the installation instructions beforehand,
> this is a bit unfortunate :S
>
> What is the plan? Pointing to OI Docs or updating the Wiki?
>
> Aurelien

Unfortunate indeed. For several months the procedure to write USB sticks
has changed (for Windows and Linux/Unix).

I say let's just link the download site to oi-docs.

http://docs.openindiana.org/handbook/getting-started/#creating-a-bootable-openindiana-usb-flash-drive

While the oi-docs site may be incomplete and has over the past couple of
months lagged behind Hipster a bit, it's still mostly correct in regard
to creating bootable media.

And if it isn't, well 'Patches are welcome'.

Michael