[oi-dev] USB installation instructions

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 21 10:39:52 UTC 2016

Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hello,
> the download page points to the following instructions which are outdated:
>
> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Installing+OpenIndiana

I have a computer on which a boot option like
-B acpi-user-options=0x2 is required.

I have copied the latest image to a USB key, and I am
sure I did it correctly, as I have used it to install on
another computer.

I could not find where to insert the required option on
the USB key. I could not find where the new loader is
and where its boot options are. The grub files are on
/boot/grub but I cannot find an initialized menu, so
I cannot even tell which loader is in use.

What am I supposed to do ?

Jean-Pierre