[oi-dev] USB installation instructions

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:48:42 UTC 2016

On 11/21/2016 05:44 AM, Toomas Soome wrote:

>> On 21. nov 2016, at 12:39, Jean-Pierre André <jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> the download page points to the following instructions which are outdated:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Installing+OpenIndiana
>>
>> I have a computer on which a boot option like
>> -B acpi-user-options=0x2 is required.
>>
>> I have copied the latest image to a USB key, and I am
>> sure I did it correctly, as I have used it to install on
>> another computer.
>>
>> I could not find where to insert the required option on
>> the USB key. I could not find where the new loader is
>> and where its boot options are. The grub files are on
>> /boot/grub but I cannot find an initialized menu, so
>> I cannot even tell which loader is in use.
>>
>> What am I supposed to do ?
>>
>> Jean-Pierre
>>

> echo “acpi-user-options=2” > usbmountpoint/boot/conf.d/acpi
>
> this will make it default for your stick.
>
> rgds,
> toomas

The docs website has been updated with screen shots of the new boot
loader, which show the various boot options.

http://docs.openindiana.org/handbook/getting-started/#booting-openindiana-installer-media

In the boot options screen, there are 4 different ACPI settings.
Would this achieve the same thing?

Thanks,

Michael