[oi-dev] USB installation instructions

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Nov 22 07:39:32 UTC 2016

On 11/14/16 09:16 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hello,
> the download page points to the following instructions which are outdated:
>
> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Installing+OpenIndiana
>
> Maybe we should have reviewed the installation instructions beforehand,
> this is a bit unfortunate :S
>
> What is the plan? Pointing to OI Docs or updating the Wiki?

Hello.
I think the long term plan is to move polished user documentation to
http://docs.openindiana.org/. In my opinion, Wiki should be preserved
for everything else: untypical system usage scenarios (like manual
installation), development documentation, some internal notes (like
migration status), constantly changing information (like changelog or
uid/gid reservation list) and so on.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,