[oi-dev] FLAG DAY: Provide loader menu additions for boot image.
tsoome at me.com
Sun Oct 30 21:58:35 UTC 2016
Support for specifying loader configuration on installation media was added to distribution constructror.
This support consists several components.
1. loader configuration script for distribution manifest:
message="Loader menu setup"/>
The script will take the same argument as grub_setup.py, that is, the name of distribution.
2. DC manifest xml update to support loader attributes. Currently only timeout setting is supported (default is 10 seconds). In distribution manifest, the setting can be specified as:
3. loader configuration files for installation/live media. The files are distributed in distribution constructor package and installed in /usr/share/distro_const/loader directory and are installed to created image by loader_setup.py. Currently we provide two files:
loader.rc.local to set disk name for chainload
menu.rc.local to provide OI extras menu
4. Since loader configuration files are only for install image and not for installed system, the files listed in previous section will be removed from installed system by post install cleanup.
5. The distribution manifests provided by distribution constructor package are updated to use the changes listed above. If you have created custom manifests and need to provide support for loader, the custom manifests should be updated and grub specific entries be replaced by samples shown in 1. and 2. See also updated distribution manifests.
More information about the oi-dev