[oi-dev] loader, slim_source and menu modifications

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Oct 20 08:30:05 UTC 2016

Hello.

After loader integration we have one issue with distribution constructor.
It can add custom grub entries for GUI images.
They are:

Vesa driver  -B livemode=vesa
Text console -B livemode=text
Boot from hard disk
   rootnoverify (hd0)
   chainloader +1
Enable ssh 	-B livessh=enable
Enable magnifier -B assistive-tech=magnifier
Enable screen reader -B assistive-tech=reader

The code processing  <grub_menu_modifications> manifest element lives in
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/slim_source/blob/oi/hipster/usr/src/cmd/distro_const/utils/grub_setup.py.

So, we have several options:
1) Ship Mate Live CD with GRUB
2) Document available LiveCD switches
3) Modify distro_const to work with loader...

3) would be the best, but I know nothing about forth.
2) seems also fine, but needs careful testing.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,