[oi-dev] [CFT] raidz/mirror support in installer

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Oct 26 16:17:51 UTC 2016

Hello.

I have done some work on making installation on raidzN/mirror pools
directly from text installer.

Test images are available here:
http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net/raidz-install-isos/ (these are minimal
images + cheksum file).

Code is available here:
https://github.com/pyhalov/slim_source/tree/zpool_install .

Please, test it and review code.

As for testing I've checked raidz install on 3 disks + usual install on
MBR partition alongside FreeBSD.
Note, that our installer currently doesn't detect other OSes (after
loader change), so you had to add chainload entry manually after
installation to be able to boot other OSes. In my case it was

echo 'chain_disk="disk0s1:"'> /boot/conf.d/chainload

I hope these changes will land in 2016.10 (or already 2016.11?) OI snapshot.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,