[oi-dev] mkdocs and oi-docs

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Oct 17 12:49:51 UTC 2016

17 октября 2016 г. 13:34:51 CEST, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> пишет:
>On 10/17/16 07:27 AM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>> Hullo,
>> to allow installing the tools for writing user documentation,
>directly
>> from the repo, I packages mkdocs and dependencies:
>>
>> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2496
>>
>> and I prepared a work-in-progress component that installs the user
>> documentation as html in /usr /share/doc and adds an icon in the menu
>> such that it opens the documentation in Firefox when you click on it:
>>
>> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2497
>
>If it gets added to Oi hipster,
>it is not WIP (Work in progress) anymore, but publishing to all users
>in
>production.

Come on Nikola, stop nitting ;)

My reading is that the PR author deems one PR ready for merge (as far as he intended, the work is done to his own satisfaction) , while the other PR is still worked on (WIP) and not ready for merge - just a preview for the curious as to what direction he researches now. He'd later announce that the work is done, can be merged and is no longer WIP (but can yet be improved upon).

At least that's the common layman's meaning of the term.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android