[oi-dev] clang open source packages and nightly binaries

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon Oct 24 00:44:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:11 AM, Till Wegmüller <toasterson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23.10.2016 04:49, C Bergström wrote:
>

>> OSX and Linux Power8 are coming soon (few days)
>

> Can you give some deatils what you mean with Linux Power8?
> I was planing to adapt the ARM Toolchain Rmustacc and jperkin have deveopled
> for POWER8 sometime next Year (probably Spring to Summer). Which is for the
> Illumos kernel.
>
> Most important are you planing that Power8 Build for userland use only or
> are you considering Kernel building too?

Sorry to mislead you, this project is only focused on building the
clang compiler as a completely independent package across as many arch
and OS as possible. (As well as trying to make Solaris and all friends
tier 1 supported)

That compiler *could* in theory be used to build userland or kernel
pieces, but that effort is external and outside what we are looking
at. IOW I'd welcome both kernel or userland bugs.

afaik the linux kernel has had some patches to make it more friendly
to building with clang, but I don't know the status of that. (I know
is off-topic for what your goals are, but may mean that clang has also
had some bug fixes for building kernel code)