[oi-dev] Package migration/deprecation, help needed

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:27:38 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have updated the list of packages to migrate or deprecate:

https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Migration+of+consolidations+to+oi-userland

In particular I added packages from SFW and G11N consolidations.

We need to get this over with before the next snapshot and help from
everyone would be greatly appreciated so that our efforts can focus on
newer developments.

For some packages, I do not know if they are still relevant so any
feedback is appreciated.
Alan already explained what can be deprecated from former XNV
consolidation but other consolidations remain.

There is a small number of font packages and small utilities, perfect
for getting started with oi-userland.
So if you want to help, pick an item in the SFW or G11N list, tell us
about it or mark it as OK on the Wiki to show that it is being worked
on.

The more people help with this, the sooner we can move forward.
Best regards

Aurelien
(end of the coffee break :))

--