[oi-dev] Another quick preliminary note to the upcoming VirtualBox 5.1.6 on qt4.8 release

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Sat Sep 17 04:16:40 UTC 2016

Update, even though VirtualBox's shell scripts have received a large delta over the recent 1 year, Jim' Klimov's script in theory still works unmodified.

https://github.com/jimklimov/vboxconfig_sh

As I just noticed not his script is the problem,
but we finally have reached a point where one of Oracle's VirtualBox Solaris 11.x drivers no longer loads on Illumos by default, so for now I have a new problem:

Sep 17 05:58:31 vboxusb: [ID 248386 kern.info] usba_ep_data_t is 24 bytes
Sep 17 05:58:31 vboxusb: [ID 323768 kern.info] usba_ep_data_t::ep_descr @ 0x0 (0)
Sep 17 05:58:31 vboxusb: [ID 248386 kern.info] usba_ep_data_t is 24 bytes
Sep 17 05:58:31 vboxusb: [ID 323768 kern.info] usba_ep_data_t::ep_descr @ 0x0 (0)
Sep 17 05:58:50 vboxusb: [ID 248386 kern.info] usba_ep_data_t is 24 bytes
Sep 17 05:58:50 vboxusb: [ID 323768 kern.info] usba_ep_data_t::ep_descr @ 0x0 (0)

Detected an opensource Solaris descendant, assuming snv_151 compatibility
   - Removed: USB module
   - Unloaded: USBMonitor module
   - Removed: USBMonitor module
   - Unloaded: NetFilter (STREAMS) module
   - Removed: NetFilter (STREAMS) module
   - Unloaded: NetAdapter module
   - Removed: NetAdapter module
   - Unloaded: Host module
   - Removed: Host module
Updating the boot archive...
root@/code/ALP__KMS_MATE__checkout20160911sun/oi-userland/components/virtualbox5_qt4# bash  /opt/VirtualBox/vboxconfig.sh --postinstall
Detected an opensource Solaris descendant, assuming snv_151 compatibility
Detected Solaris 11 Version 151
   - Loaded: Host module
   - Loaded: NetAdapter module
   - Loaded: NetFilter (STREAMS) module
   - Loaded: USBMonitor module
can't load module: Invalid argument
root@:/code/ALP__KMS_MATE__checkout20160911sun/oi-userland/components/virtualbox5_qt4#

# modload /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/amd64/vboxusb
can't load module: Invalid argument

If I can't fix this until evening I will disable vboxusb for the first test package and temporarily also in src.
But that won't be an unsolvabale stopper to get it compatible again.

best regards
%martin bochnig

--
Мартин Бохниг