[oi-dev] vmware driver for xorg broken? (spaces replace much of what I type)

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Sep 8 15:53:31 UTC 2016

On 09/ 8/16 06:38 PM, Gordon Ross wrote:
> [ Was: Whoa! emacs broken? ... ]
>
> Out of curiosity, I tried temporarily removing the vmware xorg driver.
> That eliminates the "damage redraw" bug I described previously.
> Unfortunately, that leaves the vmware guest restricted to modes that
> can't cover the host screen, don't resize with the guest window, etc.
>
> But anyway, this would seem to narrow down the problem to somewhere in
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/amd64/vmware_drv.so
>
> Next I guess I'll want instructions for building and debugging that.
> Any tips for that?

Hi.

Building is easy. Assuming you have build zone
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+oi-userland ...
VMWare driver lives here -
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/x11/xf86-video-vmware
.

But I don't have an idea how you can debug it...
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,