[oi-dev] vmware driver for xorg broken? (spaces replace much of what I type)

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:27:39 UTC 2016

Thanks.  It looks to me like this driver might not have been
completely updated to use the "damage.h" interfaces, or perhaps not
correctly.  Do you have any quick pointers on how a driver like this
is supposed to use those interfaces?

For some context:  This driver uses a queue of drawing requests in the
VM guest that are (apparently) acted upon asynchronously by the VM
host.  That makes this driver similar to an accelerated graphics chip
that does it's work asynchronously.  Perhaps if I could look at one of
those I might be able to figure out what this should be doing.

Gordon