[oi-dev] vmware driver for xorg broken? (spaces replace much of what I type)

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:43:28 UTC 2016

On 09/08/2016 12:57 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> To see what drivers Xorg loaded, either check Xorg.0.log or run pldd
> on the Xorg
> process.

Hi Alan,

Xorg.0.log does show the vmware graphics drivers being loaded so I am
all set there.
However, it is not loading the vmmouse driver, but rather the default
mouse driver.

What I am looking to achieve is for the mouse to escape the vm without
having to press [CTRL] + [ALT] keys. I don't know whether the vmmouse
driver would provide that capability, but it sure would be nice to
experience the same mouse behavior I see on Virtualbox, where the mouse
moves seamlessly in and out of the vm, even without installing the tools.

Guessing I may need to add a file to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ perhaps?

See attached log file.

Michael