[oi-dev] Hi all, please some patience: Just to let you know, VirtualBox-5.1.4 builds and almost packages in my local hipster userland

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:51:16 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Мартин Бохниг via oi-dev <
oi-dev at openindiana.org> wrote:

> Hi all, please some patience: Just to let you know, VirtualBox-5.1.4
> builds

Brilliant!

> and almost packages in my local hipster userland but so far without QT5
> frontend. I tried to make it use QT4 via configure, but although this is
> still a supported configuration, in reality it is broken. That's why we
> really need QT5.
>
> And atm I'm still waiting for QT5.5 to complete.
> Ouch, new problem in QT5.5:
>

> Undefined            first referenced
>  symbol                  in file
> qt_memfill16(...)

So I've got what appears to be a functional build of 5.6.1-1 on Tribblix.
Which was a bit of a surprise as 5.6.0 didn't work at all last time I tried.

Configure command:

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/versions/Qt-5 -opensource
--disable-reduce-exports -no-sql-sqlite -confirm-license -platform
solaris-g++

Only changes necessary were to qtbase/configure - first, force bash;
second, set CFG_SSE2=yes instead of CFG_SSE2=auto. (The undefined
symbols are because SSE2 autodetection is busted, some code thinks yes,
some thinks no, so it gets confused and it's best to just force it.)

--
-Peter Tribble