[oi-dev] X11 update

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Sat Sep 17 02:39:54 UTC 2016

FYI, to Vbox' userland Makefile I also added this, to hardwire it so nobody ever needs to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or other non-recommended practices:

CONFIGURE_ENV += LD_OPTIONS="-L/lib/amd64 -R/lib/amd64 -L/usr/lib/amd64 -R/usr/lib/amd64 -L/usr/lib/qt/4.8/lib/amd64 -R/usr/lib/qt/4.8/lib/amd64"

For /lib/amd64 and /usr/lib/amd64 this could be left out (see  http://chrismiles.info/systemsadmin/solaris/articles/ld-path-customisation-on-solaris/  )

But it doesn't harm.
However, all this belongs into a new thread which will be posted on Saturday late evening/late night as soon as I return back home by then.

If we later upgrade qt4.8 to qt5.0 all symlinks in /usr/bin also need to get updated, and not sure if some symlinks should get added to /usr/include.
And in my personal view such symlinks are a *bad* idea, because they let you only have one supported qt version at a time, contradicting the clean approach of separating stuff fine via /usr/lib/qt/<version>
It's the same saga as we had in 2010 with Xorg migrating from /usr/X11(R6) to /usr.

We deal with all that later.