[oi-dev] gcc45 port to Hipster 2016.04 oi-userland: Why do I get these pkglint errors although all deps are installed fine?

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Tue Sep 27 06:26:47 UTC 2016

доброе утро!

As said, no problem that you missed it.
There were lots of unrelated discussions yesterday and it was somewhat hidden.

Binary gcc45 SVR4 package for the sake of building Vbox5: *FINE*!
That's okay for me. I just feared you wouldn't permit this.

Nevertheless, now that gcc45 is building on Hipster 2015/2016, you can decide yourself later.

gcc4.4.4: That was one of the earliest things I did last week or 2 weeks ago.
The /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/amd64/vboxusb module then loads fine and attaches fine (improvement over 4.9).

However: When in the guest you get hundreds of messages "drive offline".

It must really be 4.5.2 with Oracle's userland 4.5.2 patches, not 4.4.4 with Illumos diffs.

All the rest can be built with whatever you like, only /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/amd64/vboxusb and /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/amd64/vboxusbmon must be compiled with 4.5.2.

That's why I asked if you prefer to put binary blobs of these 2 files into the components/virtualbox5_qt4 folder and have them cp'ed over into place during "gmake install" for packaging.

It also makes a difference if these are strip'ed or not (not is better).
But this way or that way: Only 4.5.2 compiled vboxusb* drivers work.

I described it some days ago here on the lists, but need to look where.

The most recent time I mentioned this all a bit was in  https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2016-September/019609.html

--
best regards
%martin bochnig