[oi-dev] sound-juicer removal?

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 13:16:42 UTC 2017

Like Joerg mentioned, I also went the similar solution path with cddawav (cdrtools) when I maintained gstreamer long ago.
You can glance at Mediamonkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com) and Whipper (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/whipper-git/) for various modernization efforts....

~ Ken

On Monday, April 3, 2017, 6:44:45 PM PDT, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:Hello.

After updating brasero I've looked at sound-juicer to check that it
didn't break... OK, old sound juicer doesn't work with new brasero.
New sound juicer requires cdparanoia gstreamer 1.0 plugin. We don't ship
it, because cdparanoia was never properly ported to Solaris.
I've looked at porting it yesterday, but the most I could do so far - is
to make it get the correct list of CD devices. Now I need to look at
scsi logic, and I'm afraid it'll take too much effort...
Oracle just removed sound juicer.

I'm considering doing the same (at least if I'll not be able to make it
work in 1-2 days). Any objections?
By objection I mean: 'Don't drop it, I'll help porting cdparanoia'.
Everything else seems to be not constructive...
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,