[oi-dev] sound-juicer removal?

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Apr 5 10:32:46 UTC 2017

Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> It seems I misidentified the issue. The real issue was that sound-juicer
> tried to use gvfs to access cdda files, and our gvfs doesn't support
> this (even if it is compiled with cdda support, it can't mount cdda
> location due to missing fuse support. And to enable fuse support one
> need to update libfuse illumos port...

Hi Alexander, now I understand what the try to do now....

It seems that they like to have a filesystem with audio files inside.

> So I went another way and added back libcdio support option for
> sound-juicer (which was removed between 2.28 and 2.32). The following
> versions ( https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2953/files )
> seems to be working.
> As for cdrtools update, yes, this is likely a good idea.
> Is there any reason why latest releases are marked as alpha? Should we
> use that (3.02a7) or better 3.01?

This is how I do it since 26 years ;-) It is at least as stable as Linux
releases.

Better use the most recent version as there have been several enhancements. I
am curently working on making this a 3.02-final within a few months.

Note that I created shell script wrappers for Sun in January 2006 that contain:

	pfexec "`dirname $0`/`basename $0`.bin" "$@"

and there are /usr/bin/cdrecord.bin, /usr/bin/cdda2wav.bin /usr/bin/readcd.bin.

These files are no longer needed since there is in-kernel pfexec. You may
install the binaries under their original names. Do you need the related data
for /etc/security/exec_attr?

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin