[oi-dev] x11 keyboard layouts

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Apr 27 14:46:54 UTC 2017

On 04/27/17 03:29 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry - I never learned how multiple keyboard layout groups work in XKB.
>
> Does this mean that you believe it should be possible to have more than one
> keyboard layout available at the same time?

Yes - but being a simple English speaker who doesn't know how to type in any
other layouts, I don't know how, I just expect that you'd be able to do the
same in Xorg on Solaris/illumos as you can in Xorg on any other platform,
and hope the answers are found somewhere under https://www.x.org/wiki/XKB/ .

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com