[oi-dev] Contributing

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Apr 28 14:53:21 UTC 2017

On 04/28/17 05:40 PM, Jeremiah Ford wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> If one is interested is possibly contributing to the project, how might one begin?

Hi, Jeremiah.

First of all, it depends on the area which you are interested in.
If you are interested in supporting some particular components, it's
good to start with looking at how they are built now in oi-userland.
We have some documentation at
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+oi-userland .

If you want to help with testing or documentation, this is also great.
We currently have 2 places for documentation (and it's a bit
unfortunate). http://docs.openindiana.org/ (which is created from
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-docs/ ) and wiki
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/OpenIndiana+Wiki+Home .
The problem with wiki is that information in it is not always accurate
and sometimes is very outdated.
The problem with docs site is that it's not complete.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,