[oi-dev] How to build minimal install DVD?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Apr 29 12:29:42 UTC 2017

On 29.04.2017 11:38, Adam Števko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> @alp: could you publish those?
>
> Thinking about it would be great id we could package these and
> community could use them/contribute to them, what do you think Michal?

Hi.
We have them on hipster.openindiana.org. I shared them at
https://hipster.openindiana.org/distro_const/ .
These are manifests which we used to build OI 2016.04 images.
Usually you want to change build_area, perhaps, list of publishers and
set of installed packages.

For gui image you need

                         <pkg name="pkg:/entire"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/mate_install"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/gui-install"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/text-install"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/media/internal"/>

For text/minimal
                         <pkg name="pkg:/entire"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/server_install"/> OR <pkg
name="pkg:/minimal_install"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/text-install"/>
                         <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/media/internal"/>

Don't forget to check <post_install_remove_packages>,
they should include at least installed package cluster
(minimal_install/mate_install/server_install).

---