[oi-dev] GCC 6 builds of oi-userland, missing dependencies and help for merging

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 13:02:50 UTC 2017

> Can you give me an idea how the workflow should look like?
> I can see the PR with many fixes but I don't know a good way to cherry
> pick them.
> E.g. how can I be sure to get all commits for a certain package as you
> might have
> committed split fixes for it? I haven't done this before so I want to be
> sure to avoid
> mistakes.

I keep one commit per component so this should be easy to cherry-pick.
Some COMPONENT_REVISION bumps may be missing, where patches were added.

If the commit message has WIP or is not clean then the component needs some
fixes.

You need to fetch my branch locally first (using git remote add, then you
can just fetch --all).

git checkout -b gcc6_fixes0
git cherry-pick <commit_ids>

They should apply cleanly.

You can pick them in order or per category:
- just pick the fixes to components, not the modifications to oi-userland's
targets (I can reorder the commits to make life easier).
- put a reasonable amount per PR to ease the review (not more than 10).

PS: I have tried to enter your name on my keyboard; alas there seem to be a
> (new?) problem
> with composed characters (I got ´e instead of é) . Is this related to the
> actual xkb problems?

Yes it is... need to adapt old patches I gess. In the meantime you can
revert to previous data-xkb.

Kind regards

Aurelien

---