[oi-dev] [CFT] nwam-manager update

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Dec 7 12:10:20 UTC 2017

Hello.

I've been working for a while on removing dependencies on some obsolete
libraries from nwam-manager - exactly, libunique, libgnome-ui and libglade2.

Libunique was used to avoid having multiple instances of nwam-manager
and nwam-manager-properties and can be replaced by GApplication
interfaces. libgnome and Libgnome-ui were used a) to  show gnome-help
(I've replaced it by direct call to yelp) and b) to make session manager
automatically restart application nwam-manager on crash/exit. I've tried
to use libSM directly or to use libegg - so far, without succes,
application returns no errors, but is not restarted if killed. So far
I'm tended to drop this functionality. The most mysterious thing is
libglade - it's mostly removed, but some custom glade2 handler was used
to show some GtkTreeViews. After looking at it for a while I've seen
that they seem to be already directly replaced by NwamTreeView. So, I've
just removed this code, and saw no difference in behavior.

But given the nature of the changes, I'd like to see more testers.

I've published
pkg://userland/desktop/administration/nwam-manager@1.151.0,5.11-2017.0.0.541:20171207T115506Z
to http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/.

Please, test it.