[oi-dev] versioning of svn source

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Feb 17 12:27:25 UTC 2017

On 02/17/17 02:43 PM, Carsten Grzemba wrote:
> I would contribute an update of network/vpnc to work with fritzbox VPN.
> But there are no new taged version for source, only the svn repo lives.
> How should I call the new version, 0.5.3.1 ?

Hi.

For git components we use COMPONENT_REVISION=$(shell cd
$(COMPONENT_SRC); git rev-list HEAD --count). Or just bump
COMPONENT_REVISION and add HUMAN_VERSION like 0.5.3.r550. Another
possibility is to preserve COMPONENT_REVISION for its original use and
generate last component of COMPONENT_VERSION based on the commit number.

You could be interested in  adding something like
https://hg.openindiana.org/upstream/oracle/userland-gate/file/a092c6b08fcc/make-rules/prep-svn.mk
to deal with fetching svn sources.

--
Best regards,