[oi-dev] Wiki comments

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sat Feb 25 22:05:31 UTC 2017

Am 25.02.17 um 21:25 schrieb Nikola M:
> On 02/25/17 08:41 PM, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
>> nikolam, you should check the comments. I have the impression that a
>> lot of them can be deleted without loosing anything.
>> You are right to preserve comments with valuable information, eg.
>> technical discussions.
>
> Selecting what should be preserved or not is changing the history, a
> la 1984.
> I am sure you are right some comments are more useful then others, yet
> they are all just comments.
> And even just comments, they are all useful (except spam etc).
> They are to be reused so ditching (and even removing ability to
> comment) I don't see right atm.
I think that most of the comments are obsolete. There might be some
interest in what you call history. But we need to find a consensus
in order to improve the wiki for developers. I personally don't care
about several years old comments about non-working hardware or software.
Especially if nobody answered the comments.
For me it is more important to have up-to-date contents so that actual
problems and questions can be solved. To read outdated contents is
a waste of time in my opinion.

>> Nevertheless, the wiki should have a cleanup and in my opinion should
>> have a better structure. The ideas and details should
>> be discussed either in the mailing list or on irc. BTW: it irritates
>> me that I am alone on #openindiana-doc for some time now.
>
> I asked for #oi-documentation to be created so I am there since then ,
> so you must be on wrong channel. It's unofficial as it could be, so
> anyway.

Nevertheless am I alone in the group most of the time.