[oi-dev] Phoronix again

Toomas Soome tsoome at me.com
Mon Jul 31 11:00:59 UTC 2017

> On 31. juuli 2017, at 13:41, Aurélien Larcher <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> again Michael Larabel attempted a review and could boot on his hardware:
>
> http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OpenIndiana-7900X-Hipster <http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OpenIndiana-7900X-Hipster>
>
> Obviously, instead of contacting us, he wrote directly an article to state the fact.
>
> Last time this happened I contacted him to find out what caused the problem but he never reached back. What can we do about it?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Aurelien

It needs 3 things - hardware, engineer and time. AFAIK right now there are 2 companies behind illumos who have more direct relations with hardware - Joyent and Nexenta and those companies are still most likely interested about the server class hardware.

Anything else is really about the community - if anyone has such hardware and is willing to help with diagnostics and testing, then we can do something, otherwise...

rgds,
toomas