[oi-dev] Virtualbox

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Jun 1 23:05:25 UTC 2017

Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> writes:

[...]

Harry wrote:

>>   Installation of <SUNWvbox> partially failed.
>>Do you see anything like that?

Jim K replied:
> No, I think I did not install this release yet. If you re-install with
> the patched vboxconfig.sh also including a `set -x` line early on
> (edit the patched script with `vi` and note that packaging metadata
> like size and cksum will differ from examples), you can get a more
> detailed output that can glean the cause of non-zero (unsuccessful)
> return code.
>
> I am not sure I'll very soon have time to inspect this myself, but as
> long as the result appears to work - it may be ok to the first order
> of approximation ;)

I was actually directing my comment to G B who started the thread, but
he seems to have moved on. I thought since he edited the docu in short
order that he might have tried your patches too, and wanted to know If
I was the lone ranger.

Thanks again for your good work on the patches... and as you say, at least
it DOES work.