[oi-dev] Change in video driver ABI

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 6 08:45:29 UTC 2017

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 06/ 5/17 12:24 AM, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
>> [   312.529] ================ WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
>> ================
>> [   312.529] This server has a video driver ABI version of 20.0 that
>> is not
>> supported by this NVIDIA driver.  Please check
>> http://www.nvidia.com/ for driver updates or downgrade to an X
>> server with a supported driver ABI.
>> [   312.529]
>>
>> Are the recent changes in the video ABI in line with the
>> changes to Solaris ?
>
> The ABI in question is entirely controlled by the Xorg server and changes
> between Xorg releases.  Neither Solaris nor OpenIndiana controls it
> independently - it's a matter of matching Nvidia versions to Xorg versions
> regardless of the underlying OS.

Good point. However the video driver uses other system
interfaces (interrupts, virtual memory, etc.), and as the
video drivers versions compatible with both the new and the
old Xorg run properly with old kernels and not the new one,
some interface must have changed...

This leaves me with no much hope for a solution.

Jean-Pierre