[oi-dev] Change in video driver ABI

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jun 6 14:35:37 UTC 2017

On 06/ 6/17 07:23 AM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru
> <mailto:alp at rsu.ru>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/ 5/17 12:51 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>
>         On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Jean-Pierre André <
>         jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr <mailto:jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr>> wrote:
>
>             Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>

>         xtsol is not provided anymore.
>

>     Are there any issues with xtsol? We provide x11/trusted/trusted-xorg . I
>     suppose, it has no use cases on OI, but at least it's shipped (however I
>     suppose nobody has tested it).
>

> The code was dropped by upstream on Nov 18 2015 so I did not port it.

Right - it depends on unstable internal interfaces of the Xorg server, so if
you wanted to keep providing it, you would need to take on the work of porting
it to each new version yourself since we're not doing that any more.

Fortunately, the only effect this should have on anyone who is not using a
multi-level trusted desktop (of which the Trusted Extensions version of
GNOME 2.30 was the last produced) is that they'll no longer be confused by
"missing extension module xtsol" messages in the Xorg log files that don't
actually affect them beyond causing confusion.

	-alan-