[oi-dev] Dropping java interfaces to Gnome libraries

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Mar 1 10:48:11 UTC 2017

On 03/ 1/17 01:26 PM, Nikola M wrote:
> On 02/28/17 11:49 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> There's a little mess.
>> I believe that we've never shipped java-gnome,
>> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/java-gnome/4.1/ (from 2013).
>> We shipped only libgnome-java,
>> https://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/libgnome-java/2.12/ (from 2007).
>>
>> Oracle has dropped these libraries (except java-atk-wrapper) at
>> 2015-12-15, according to solaris-desktop~spec-files Changelog.
>> I'm inclined to do the same...
>
> Weren't they used for GUI administration panels for
> Opensolaris/Openindiana?,
> vpanels?
> I have Firewall GUI icon in System>Administration>SystemFirewall  that
> says:
> /usr/bin/java -client -jar /usr/share/vpanels/vpanels-client.jar firewall
> It is updated machine.

We've dropped visual panels. How did it survive on your PC?

pkg info -r system/management/visual-panels/panel-firewall
           Name: system/management/visual-panels/panel-firewall
          State: Not installed (Obsolete)
      Publisher: openindiana.org
        Version: 0.5.11
         Branch: 2015.0.2.0
Packaging Date: January 10, 2017 01:24:39 PM
           Size: 0.00 B
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/system/management/visual-panels/panel-firewall@0.5.11-2015.0.2.0:20170110T132439Z

--